Note to Visitors
Welcome to the SEAR Publications web site. This site shares information about
Before developing this site, I spent hundreds of hours
- mood disorders like depression, dysthymia, bipolar disorder,
- the depression survivor's perspective
- restoring normal mood without adverse effects,
- finding helpful scientific and medical information, and
- consulting with competent mental healthcare professionals who know how to
- perform root-cause differential diagnostic testing, and
- recommend non-toxic medications plus appropriate and restorative
orthomolecular supplements including vital amines, trace minerals, amino
acids, antioxidants, energy and enzyme co-factors
I do not claim to have the
answers to other peoples' medical problems, but after thirty years of living and
working with my own bipolar II mood disorder (lots of depression interspersed
with periodic outbursts of high energy and irritability), I learned how to
restore and maintain normal mood without adverse effects. SEAR Publications
shares information which helps me live well and work with a chronic mood
I enjoy consulting with and helping other people who suffer with periodic
mood disorder episodes. My depression survivor tips have helped people to
survive, cope, learn and find effective mental healthcare. The goal of my
depression coaching advice is to help depressed people learn, live well, work
and provide for their financial needs!
- reading reference books about mood disorders and related topics (> 400
- researching and developing survivor-based tips and traps,
- interviewing people who live, work and cope with mood disorders, (>150
- writing layman's guide books (4) and magazine articles (10 so far),
- preparing for appearances and speaking about my information
- on tv (2x),
- mood disorder rounds at a Toronto teaching hospital - psychiatry,
- Mood Disorders Association of Toronto and Ontario,
- North York health show.
Approximately 30% of the clients of my professional financial consulting
practice suffer periodically with mental health problems, such as chronic
depression and other conditions which involve episodes of depression. I do
not guarantee that my information will help every person who suffers with
depression. I developed depression survivor's tips to be encouraging and
supportive. I share what works for me and for other people who I consulted with.
After decades of recurring episodes of depression and ongoing mood disorder
symptoms, I have been stable since 1996.
This site is for information purposes only. This site is not intended
to substitute for or replace medical or other professional healthcare. I
cannot presently respond to e-mail comments, questions or suggestions but
I am offering layman's guides for sale through this site. As time permits, I
respond to questions which come by mail.
I have no wish to share false hope. Quality mental healthcare is not
always easy to find. If you are searching for help, consider this: if I can make
positive progress after thirty years of mood disorder problems, it is possible
that other depressed people can use my tips and traps, information and layman's
guides to learn about -
Thank you for
your interest and your patience.
- the range of positive possibilities for restorative mental healthcare,
- useful reference books by competent mental healthcare professionals,
- ways to cooperate with healthcare professionals, and
- how to restore normal mood without adverse effects.
PS - If you like this site, please tell a friend!
If you buy my layman's guides and find them helpful, please tell a